INITIAL PLANS TO RE-GATHER FOR WORSHIP
We are looking forward to the day when we can begin gathering together in person for worship. We will remain online-only for Sunday, May 17 and May 24. We plan to re-gather for Sunday morning worship on May 31. However, we are continuing to monitor further developments and communication from our state and local leaders to make the wisest decisions about our schedule.
To maintain social distancing, we need to limit the number of people in the sanctuary. Per the guidelines from the office of the Mayor of Metro-Davidson Co., we can host gatherings of 75-100 people based on our square footage. We will be having two identical services: 9:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Each family has been assigned a service time. If you are attending, you must RSVP. You can RSVP that you will be attending HERE. If you have not received an assigned service time, please contact the church office Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at (615) 228-2546.
When we return, we will be following these guidelines:
- If you choose to wear a mask and/or gloves, please do so. Masks and gloves will be provided if needed.
- The Oak Street and Welcome Center entrances will be the ONLY entrances open. The doors will be propped open to limit contact points.
- There will be hand sanitizer available at each entrance. Please sanitize your hands when you enter.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before worship begins. Upon arrival, please enter the Sanctuary to be seated. Do not gather in the Welcome Center.
- If you need to use the elevator to access the sanctuary, only one person/family will be allowed at one time.
- Once in the Sanctuary, an usher will direct you and your family to a seat that is sufficiently spaced to meet social distancing guidelines.
- To help maintain social distance with those who are seated near you, please plan to remain in your seat through the entire Worship Service.
- At the end of the Worship Service, rows will be dismissed one at a time to alleviate congestion in the aisles and doorways.
- Upon exiting the sanctuary, please do not congregate in the Welcome Center. We ask that you exit the building.
If you are uncomfortable attending an in-person worship service, please, DO NOT ATTEND. If your conscience won’t let you attend, don’t violate your conscience. Normally, gathering for worship is a biblical command (Heb. 10:24- 25), but under these circumstances, it is a matter of conscience and safety. If you have recently been sick, are currently sick, and/or have a pre-existing condition (a heart condition, COPD, high-blood pressures, diabetes, etc.) that would put you at risk, please, DO NOT ATTEND.
OUR ULTIMATE CONCERN IS FOR YOUR SAFETY
Additional measures in place to ensure a safe and clean environment:
– The Sanctuary, Welcome Center, elevator, handrails, and Welcome Center restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized between each Worship Service.
– Instead of passing offering plates, tithes and offerings will be collected as you exit.
– Greeters, Ushers, Staff and other Volunteers will wear masks.
– We will have no preschool, children or youth Connect Groups on campus. Families are encouraged to worship together in our venues.
At this time, all other on campus services have been postponed or suspended until further notice. This includes Sunday school, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, Youth, Children, and the Nursery.